Everything seems to be relatively on a fast-pace. We write down our goals for the year, jot down our monthly plans and organize our weekly schedule. Before we know it, the weeks and months have passed by so quickly and you’ve already reached half your goals for the year. As young professionals, they rely on their planners to make their lives easier. The plain and simple truth is that we are busier than we have ever been. We have our obligations at home, in the office, in our virtual space. All of these demand your equal time and effort. If we ignore one thing, like say, reading your emails today, you will fail to get your assignments and feedbacks which will greatly affect your projects in the office. If we don’t get the downtime we need after a long week’s work load, we may feel stressed out. Even US President Barack Obama believe in carving out personal time, “The rest of my time will be more productive if you give me my workout time.”
When you see what the companies are looking for, time-management skill is usually on their top 5 priorities. They believe that mastering this skill will greatly affect your work performance.
Below are some tips on managing your time as a young professional.
- PRIORITIZE. Make a list of your priorities. Then arrange them according to their importance.
- FOCUS. Focus on what you need to do and be mindful on the amount of time you have to do them.
- HAVE A ROUTINE. If you set your alarm at 5am Monday to Friday, you still have to wake up at that time on weekends. It is not to refrain you from enjoying your precious weekend, but rather to have you stick to your routine. It makes waking up on Monday more enjoyable.
- SAY NO. Learn the power of saying no to requests that may stress you out, additional loads that can hinder you from doing your own work.
- ONLINE STUDIES. Global competency is a requirement in career growth. If you need to improve your communication skills, there are IELTS course online that can help you achieve this. IELTS course also help in assessing your English proficiency skill. If you plan to take this test, there are IELTS review online available in one click. IELTS course helps you manage your time in your own pace. Taking IELTS review online is more manageable as long as you have a laptop and an internet connection.