Tuesday, October 11, 2016

How I Improved my IELTS Skills in One Easy Lesson

Honestly speaking, my journey towards achieving my target score in the IELTS was not a walk in the park. However, if you really persevere, your efforts will truly be rewarded.

When I realized that I had to take the IELTS for my working visa application, all I could think was the stress it would give me. I was a nurse working graveyard shift during that time, and sleeping was my only hobby; there was no room for reviewing. Yet, my mother kept bugging me about the requirement, so I asked my colleagues on any advice with regard to reviewing for the IELTS. An IELTS review center was recommended. I checked the center, and they offered me schedules on the weekends since it was my off. I thought I could handle such schedule, but it was different from what I had in mind.

ielts review online

I chose the weekend schedules and surprised to see other students who were also working on weekends; thus, the weekend classes were the sole option. What I admire with the IELTS review center was their dedication in providing student on the weekends with high-quality training through the elaborate lecture and great practices in class. I actually learned a lot within a month, yet the following month, I slacked off due to my work schedule. I had to work on Saturdays, leaving me no option to attend classes, but only once a week. There were times that I was absent in class since I was too tired to get out of bed. My scores were declining, and my instructor expressed his concern.

During our talk, he brought up the IELTS online review class the center is offering. It is a new program, yet it has already garnered positive feedback from their students. He mentioned that the IELTS online review would fit my busy schedule. With his persuasion and the positive reviews online, I enrolled for the online class. I was skeptical at first; however, it surprised me how comprehensive my online instructor was when having my class. Also, since it is a one-on-one class setup, the attention was all on me that the class was more interactive. Additionally, I did not have any hesitations asking questions or clarifications.

What made me more appreciate the IELTS online review class was the speaking simulation tests. Every simulation, my instructor would emphasize the good points in my responses and give advice on things that I needed to work harder. Indeed, it was really helpful. Further, the online class gave me the option to choose the class time based on my availability. The best of all, I did not need to be out of the house to review. I even tried reviewing at work during my breaks. I never thought it would be possible for a quality review to be delivered in such a convenient and effective way.

If I am asked what helped me improved my skill in one lesson, I believe that it was the comprehensive review material of the review center. Because of their materials, I was exposed to the different tasks in the IELTS. As a result, I scored an overall band score of 8.5 in the examination. And now, I am enjoying my life working as a nurse in Australia. All of these have been possible with the valuable lessons in the IELTS review course.

No comments:

Post a Comment