Apart from attending classes in an IELTS review center, here are some ways to help improve your grammar skills.
1. Make reading a habit. Expand your grammar and vocabulary by delving into different types of English reading resources. You can read books, magazines, newspapers, and even blogs. Observe sentence structures and how they are inserted in a paragraph. This practice is effective in building up your vocabulary. Another key is to make English dictionary your best friend. Take note of the challenging and unusual words you encountered while reading, and look for their meaning. Then, construct a sentence using those words to increase your familiarity.
2. Visit grammar blogs. English blogs are useful and fun resources that can improve your grammar skills. Some sites provide grammar tips and vocabulary pointers to contribute to improving speaking and writing abilities.
3. Utilize grammar games. These are fun knowledge acquisition activities that help to reduce review stress. Much more, they are readily available as most grammar apps and games can be downloaded for free.
4. Practice using English in everyday casual interactions. Speak or write in English more often whether it is a casual conversation with a friend or a family member. For instance, you can compose text messages or write journals in English to improve your grammar and vocabulary. This practice is also an effective means to enhance your speaking and writing skills.
5. Know your weak points. Identify your common grammar mistakes. Understand where you always go wrong and improve on that. You can search for online tutorials or enroll in an IELTS review center to further your English language proficiency.
- Claire D (aka. "Grammar Newsletter - English Grammar Newsletter." Pinterest. March 31, 2014. Accessed March 29, 2017. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/215469163396525984/.
- 2011-2017, (c) Copyright skillsyouneed.com. "Improving Grammar." SkillsYouNeed. Accessed March 29, 2017. https://www.skillsyouneed.com/write/grammar2.html.
- "Daily Grammar Practice: Tips and Tricks for Better English." Udemy Blog. Accessed March 29, 2017. https://blog.udemy.com/daily-grammar-practice/.