If you plan to take the IELTS review, you may opt to enroll in a facility-based or an IELTS review online course. Both classroom-based and IELTS review online programs are geared toward developing the competence of test-takers in using the English language. JRooz Review instructors know the exam inside out so you can guarantee that you will acquire the knowledge and skills necessary for interaction and survival in a foreign country. Furthermore, JRooz teachers are IELTS test-takers themselves so you can ensure that they will guide you all throughout the learning process.
Aside from taking IELTS or PTE Academic class, watching English cartoons is also one way to supplement your learning acquisition.
Benefits of Watching English Cartoons
• According to a study conducted by Saife Haque about the use of cartoons in English language teaching, watching English cartoons with caption is a powerful educational tool to improve the listening comprehension skills of non-native English speakers.Learning English does not need to be an arduous task. Supplement your IELTS review and PTE Academic training by watching English cartoons. Make learning more fun with JRooz Review Center!
• Watching cartoons helps students visualize the things they hear and process them. Thus, improving their depth of cognitive processing.
• Voice actors enunciate clearly. It helps in practicing proper pronunciation and enunciation of words. This is a good practice in packaging your message in a more understandable manner.
• Most children cartoons are centered on social interactions. Watching these shows will expose you to how sentences are packaged in actual conversations.
• Cartoons are short and fun to watch. Hence, you will not only enjoy watching, but you will also improve your grammar and vocabulary.
• It exposes you to both simple and challenging words.
• Cartoons are catchy. They sustain the attention of viewers. Watching these shows is a good way to acquire knowledge in a more digestible manner. It also helps in encouraging critical thinking and improving your presentation skills.
- "15 Best Cartoons to Help You Learn English." English Speaking Course. February 21, 2017. Accessed June 23, 2017. http://www.spokenenglishpractice.com/learn-english-speaking/.
- “Cartoons Are the Secret Weapon for Learning English." Archilovers. Accessed June 23, 2017. http://www.archilovers.com/stories/13482/cartoons-are-the-secret-weapon-for-learning-english.html.
- Ching, Gregory and Tchong, Wei-Ling. “Pedagogical and Cultural Implications of Using English TV Series as Supplement for EFL Learners.” Accessed June 23, 2017. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/308783177
- Haque, Saifa. "Using Cartoons for English Language Teaching in Bangladesh: Progress, Problems, and Possibilities." Journal of the Institute of Modern Languages, Vol. 24, October 2013. Accessed June 23, 2017. http://www.academia.edu/8027144/USING_CARTOONS_FOR_ENGLISH_LANGUAGE_TEACHING_IN_BANGLADESH_PROGRESS_PROBLEMS_AND_POSSIBILITIES.
- Nasab, Mahdiyeh Seyed Beheshti and Seyyed Fariborz Pishdadi Motlagh. Vocabulary Learning Promotion through English Subtitled Cartoons. Communication and Linguistics Studies. Special Issue: Applied Linguistics in Line With TEFL. Vol. 3, No. 1–1, 2017, pp. 1–7. doi: 10.11648/j.cls.s.2017030101.11
- Wojciuk, Karolina. "The Impact of Watching Subtitled Animated Cartoons on Vocabulary Learning." Prezi.com. December 20, 2012. Accessed June 23, 2017. https://prezi.com/lmhwghy_aiup/the-impact-of-watching-subtitled-animated-cartoons-on-vocabulary-learning/.
- Yuliyageikhman. "Hilarious and Entertaining: The 13 Best Cartoons for Learning English." FluentU English. Accessed June 23, 2017. http://www.fluentu.com/blog/english/best-cartoons-for-learning-english/?lang=en.